Dude. This took forever to get right.
The story goes that I had a bit of spare money left over at the end of the month, so of course I decided to spend it on some yarn. I wanted to order some acrylic yarn from this online store I peruse, even though I am generally against the idea of it. But it was cheap (so sue me) and the reviews I read said it really wasn’t SO bad… Had nice colour and was actually nice and soft blah blah blah. I made the decision to order a crazy random selection of colours, thinking that if all else was lost this would at least end up being a good collection for some small amigurumi things. To be honest I was choosing a selection of green colours with the thought that I could make some crochet cacti garden or something.
Anyway, the yarns finally arrived and all of sudden I had the feeling like hey, I could totally make a BMO from Adventure Time!
I didn’t have a pattern. There was a lot of trial and error. There were a lot of moments where I couldn’t even bring myself to look at the work in progress… But I did it!
Ladies and gents, I present to you, BMO!
I made some notes, analog style… Crazy handwritten pages with many a crossed out scribble, that formed a deeply disturbing narrative of an individual failing several times to attain that right formula… It wouldn’t be out of place in a background shot of Se7en.
What I am trying to say is that I have a pattern. And I WILL translate it into an intelligible set of instructions that I hope to share with you at some stage. But for now, I would like to just sit back and bask in the cuteness that is BMO!